Carl & Ailsa got married at All Manor of Events back in June last year – one of our favourite venues! The weather was beautiful, there were so many adorable kids (including the bride and groom’s own), and lots of fantastic DIY (Ailsa – you’ve given me some great inspiration for my own wedding next year!)
We were honoured when Carl & Ailsa approached us to photograph their wedding as I had photographed them and their family in the studio three times before, once when Isabella was 6 months old, again when Ailsa was expecting and the third time when Orla had arrived – it’s been lovely seeing their family grow!
Zoë’s highlights from the day:
- Carl & Ailsa’s brave colour theme of yellow and green (Norwich FC fans!) sounds like an odd combo when you say it out loud but it looked absolutely gorgeous on the day with a mixture of yellow and green in the bouquet and and a mixture of pastel yellow and pastel green bridesmaid dresses. Good choice!
- It was adorable when Isabella asked to have her make up done – when she was asked to close her eyes, she squeezed them shut as any three year old would do and it was SO CUTE.
- Carl & Ailsa had some cupcakes made for the morning and there was one for me as well! My heart felt so warm and the cupcake was delicious. It gave me just the energy I needed for the ceremony 😉
- I loved that Carl & Ailsa bought Norwich football shirts with Mr & Mrs and their wedding date numbers on the back – and then had some photos in them!
- Conga line!!
- and last but certainly not least… Carl’s socks!
I honestly don’t think that Carl & Ailsa’s special day could have gone any better – they chose the perfect venue, they were blessed with the weather, and they have the loveliest family. Thank you for choosing us to photograph your wedding, Carl & Ailsa!
Zoë & Toby x
Dress: Boutique of Dreams Suits: Debenhams Bridesmaid Dresses: JJ’s House Make Up: Aleksandra Zych Florist: Henley Flowers Venue: All Manor of Events Chair Covers: Extravorganza Disco: Flame Entertainments