Paul & Sarah got married in September last year and it was a very memorable wedding indeed as they first got married in Gosbeck Church (in the middle of nowhere!) and then the wedding reception was held in a marquee, in a farmer’s field, just round the corner from Paul & Sarah’s home. Not only that, but Sarah happens to be Steve’s sister – I photographed Steve & Claire’s wedding in September 2015!
In the morning we were blessed with really lovely weather. Later on in the afternoon it started to get quite windy (even the hog roast gazebo started to fly away), and unfortunately it did rain, but Paul & Sarah and their guests did not let that ‘dampen’ their spirits (excuse the pun) – instead, everyone partied hard – just look at that amazing dancing in the evening (but really, that didn’t surprise me – Steve & Claire’s wedding had lots of wild dancing too… Must run in the family!)
My highlights of the day have to be:
– I absolutely love that the farmers made a ‘Bride & Groom’ out of hay bales near the marquee, it really added character to the afternoon.
– The TVR that took Sarah to the Church was absolutely beautiful – just look at the paintwork! Paul used to own that exact car, and he approached the current owner in hope that he would help them out with a wedding car – he said yes, and I think it was a really lovely touch.
– You see the green Fiat Multipla? That Multipla went on a Top Gear style road trip for Paul’s stag, and even made an appearance at the wedding (minus the graffiti – I happened to see the car before they got the graffiti off and I will just say, it definitely wouldn’t have been wedding appropriate ? )
– One of the best men can be seen in the photographs writing his speech, on his phone, before the wedding breakfast (now if that’s not last minute I don’t know what is – but it was a great speech and very up to date!)
– The cake was made by Paul’s sister and she did an amazing job – don’t you think?!
– I had the pleasure of sitting next to Sarah’s friends from University and they had lots of funny stories to tell me!
All in all it was a really lovely day, Paul and Sarah are a fantastic, laid-back couple (and I really think you can see that in the pictures!) Thank you for choosing me to be your photographer, Paul & Sarah! I had a wonderful day and it was lovely to see so many of the Munnings family again!